Burning Permits: Burning permits are required for open burning unless there is three inches of snow cover.
Burning the following items is strictly prohibited:
- Hazardous wastes
- Industrial solid waste
- Demolition debris of commercial or institutional structures. (A farm building is not a commercial structure.) Burning of any structure should be referred to a forest officer.
- Salvage operations
- Motor vehicles
- Chemically-treated materials
- Other materials which produce excessive or noxious smoke, such as, but not limited to: tires, railroad ties, chemically-treated lumber, composite board, sheet rock, wiring, paint, or paint filters.
- Garbage, defined as discarded material resulting form the handling, processing, storage, preparation, serving, or consumption of food.
- It is never permissible to burn household garbage.
Permits may be obtained from Corinna Township Fire Warden:
Bill Lieb 320-963-6202
or online at http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/forestry/fire/questions.html
- Maple Lake Fire Department serves all parts of Corinna Township that are east of a north-south line dividing Cedar Lake.
- Annandale Fire department serves all parts of Corinna Township west of the north-south line dividing Cedar Lake.