Burning Permit and Fire Warden Contacts

Burning Permits: Burning permits are required for open burning unless there is three inches of snow cover.

Burning the following items is strictly prohibited:

  • Hazardous wastes
  • Industrial solid waste
  • Demolition debris of commercial or institutional structures.  (A farm building is not a commercial structure.) Burning of any structure should be referred to a forest officer.
  • Salvage operations
  • Motor vehicles
  • Oils
  • Rubber
  • Plastics
  • Chemically-treated materials
  • Other materials which produce excessive or noxious smoke, such as, but not limited to: tires, railroad ties, chemically-treated lumber, composite board, sheet rock, wiring, paint, or paint filters.
  • Garbage, defined as discarded material resulting form the handling, processing, storage, preparation, serving, or consumption of food.
  • It is never permissible to burn household garbage.

Permits may be obtained from Corinna Township Fire Warden:

Bill Lieb                                   320-963-6202

or online at http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/forestry/fire/questions.html

Fire Departments:

  • Maple Lake Fire Department serves all parts of Corinna  Township that are east of a north-south line dividing Cedar Lake.
  • Annandale Fire department serves all parts of Corinna Township west of the north-south line dividing Cedar Lake.